Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 24 frozen meatballs (not bite-size), thawed (or substitute your own homemade)
- 2 cups (about) your favorite marinara sauce
- 8 hot dog buns, cut into thirds
- 8 ounces (about) provolone or mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with non-stick foil. Spray with butter-flavored vegetable oil.
Separate the tops from the bottoms on each of the cut hot dog buns. Place 1 meatball on the bottom, then top with provolone or mozzarella cheese. Replace the top of the bun and press down lightly. Place in the prepared pan. Continue until you have all 24 in the pan. (They should fit perfectly, if a little snug.)
Melt the butter. Stir in oregano and garlic powder. Brush the tops of the buns with the herbed butter.
Bake for 15 minutes until tops are brown and toasted. Let rest 10 minutes. Use a spatula to separate and place meatball sliders on a tray to serve.
Yield: 24 meatball sliders
Meatball Sliders Recipe Photo © 2010 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.