Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 long loaf (about 3 feet) French bread, cut into 3 pieces, then sliced in half
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup seeded, diced fresh tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives (may substitute thin-sliced green onions with tops)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Brush cut sides of French bread with melted butter. Sprinkle lightly with onion and garlic powder. Top with blue cheese or Gorgonzola cheese, tomatoes, chives, mozzarella, and parsley.
Bake about 10 to 15 minutes, until bread is crusty on the outside and top is melted and just beginning to turn golden.
Yield: 6 appetizer servings or 12 as a bread serving with a meal
Notes: Italian bread or any other crusty white bread may be substituted for the French bread. The amounts are approximate, so feel free to simply follow the method with your favorite bread.
Beach Bread Recipe Photo © 2009 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.