Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 ounces (small block) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (12.5 ounces) can chicken, drained (see Notes)
- 1/4 cup minced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup minced roasted red pepper (jarred are fine)
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 drops liquid smoke, optional
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chives
- Minced parsley for garnish
Mash chicken with a fork in a medium bowl until it is shredded. Add dressing mixture, sweet onion, roasted red peppers, and relish. Stir to combine. Taste and add salt, pepper, and liquid smoke, if using. Fold in chives. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight to allow flavors to meld.
Use as a spread for crackers or as a sandwich spread.
Yield: about 2 cups
Notes: Feel free to substitute chopped rotisserie chicken or albacore tuna for the canned chicken.
Zesty Chicken Spread Recipe Photo © 2009 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.