The Bottom Line
- Sturdy construction, virtually unbreakable.
- No need to peel garlic before pressing.
- Cleans easily.
- Rated "Best Garlic Press" by The New York Times and Cook's Illustrated.
- Sturdy aluminum alloy construction with non-stick finish.
- Peeling of cloves unnecessary.
- Cleans easily with or without cleaning tool.
Guide Review - Zyliss Susi Garlic Press
My original Zyliss Susi garlic press is more than 25 years old, and it's still going strong even after nearly daily usage and constant battering in my dishwasher and kitchen tool drawer. The bowl holds one to three cloves for pressing. Due to the leverage design, excessive force is not necessary to operate the tool, even without peeling the cloves first.
The bowl is easily scraped out with your fingernail or a knife. A quick rinse in soapy water or a toss in the dishwasher easily removes any residue. This is the most reliable tool in my kitchen.