The Bottom Line
- Cannot use sharp cutting implements on the mat.
- Silicon and fiberglass non-stick surface.
- Use as baking pan liner.
- Doubles as non-stick working surface.
- Safe for freezer and microwave.
- Reusable. Up to 3,000 baking uses or more per mat.
- Easy to clean.
- Store flat or rolled, not folded.
- Do not use sharp edges on the mat to avoid marring finish.
- Various sizes available.
Guide Review - Silpat Baking Mat
A damp sponge easily removes any residue from the mat or it can be washed in soapy water. Do not use knives or sharp edges on the mat to avoid marring the non-stick surface. Store either flat or rolled; never folded.
Prices start at about $11 for the smallest size. Considering you'll get two to three thousand uses from each mat, it's cheaper than parchment paper in the long run and performs better.