Many equate garlic with a very pungent flavor, but roasted garlic has a delicious mellow nutty flavor. Learn how to roast garlic with this easy recipe.
Time Required: 60 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove as much of the paper from 2 whole heads of garlic as you can without breaking apart the cloves.
- Place garlic heads in 1/4 cup water in a small baking dish.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Cover with aluminum foil or baking dish cover.
- Put into oven and baste with olive oil/water mixture after 30 minutes.
- Bake until garlic is soft and easily pierced with a thin-bladed knife, about 1 hour total cooking time.
- Quick recipe method: Spread individual unpeeled cloves evenly on cookie sheet, drizzle with oil, and bake about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Squeeze cloves onto freshly baked bread or into a sealed, refrigerated container to be used within 3 days.
- Recipe can be easily multiplied for garlic freaks.
What You Need
- baking pan