Learn how to oven-roast fresh raw peanuts at home. It's quick, easy, and you just can't beat the flavor.
Time Required: 35 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place raw peanuts in a single layer in shallow baking pan.
- For unshelled peanuts (peanuts still inside their shells): Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- For shelled peanuts (peanuts with shell removed): Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir once or twice during cooking time.
- Cook until slightly underdone.
- Peanuts continue to cook when removed from oven.
- Let cool 10 minutes before eating.
- Store unshelled roasted peanuts in an airtight container up to one month on the shelf, 6 months in refrigerator or 12 months in freezer.
- Choose unshelled peanuts that have clean, unbroken, unblemished shells that do not rattle when shaken.
- 1-1/2 pounds of unshelled peanuts equals about 1 pound shelled or 3-1/2 to 4 cups.
- Store unshelled raw peanuts in an airtight container up to two month on the shelf, 6 months in refrigerator or 12 months in freezer.
What You Need
- shallow baking pan