Who would ever suspect that this delicious candy is simply pure maple syrup in a more solid form? Learn how to make maple cream candy at home.
Time Required: 75 minutes
- Boil 2 cups of pure maple syrup over very low heat without stirring.
- Let it reach late thread stage, 233 degrees F. on a candy thermometer.
- Allow to cool to 110 degrees F. on candy thermometer, about 1 hour, without stirring.
- Add 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
- Beat until it until it is light in color and fluffy in texture; hard enough to hold its shape.
- Put into forms or molds or shape into patties.
- Use pure maple syrup, not imitation or maple-flavored.
- Use a candy thermometer to judge heat.
- This candy will dry out quickly when exposed to air. Pack in an airtight container as soon as it is cool.
What You Need
- maple syrup
- candy thermometer