Making your own herbal vinegar for yourself or gifts is easy if you plan in advance. Choose your own favorite flavors and learn how to make herb vinegar at home.
Time Required: 2 weeks
- Select bottles which can be tightly sealed, preferably screw-top.
- Bottles must be scrupulously clean to avoid contamination.
- Place your choice of cleaned, fresh herbs in bottle.
- Cover herbs with cider or wine vinegar.
- Seal bottles tightly.
- Refrigerate for 2 weeks.
- Strain steeped vinegar from herbs through cheesecloth into a fresh, clean bottle.
- Refrigerate up to 6 months.
- To speed up infusion, heat vinegar before pouring over herbs.
- You can combine garlic or spices with herbs.
- Finished vinegar should be stored in the refrigerator until completely used up.
What You Need
- decorative bottles