Learn how to air-dry fresh herbs from your garden or herbs from the market with these easy instructions.
Time Required: 2 weeks
- Gently wash herbs and pat dry with paper towels.
- Tie two to three stalks together.
- Hang upside down in an airy, dry spot.
- Herbs will dry in one to two weeks under favorable conditions.
- When herbs are dry and crumbly, remove leaves from stems.
- Crush leaves with a rolling pin or leave whole.
- Pack in an airtight container or zip-top bag with air removed.
- Use within 6 months.
- Pick best leaves just before herbs bloom.
- Harvest in early morning as soon as dew has evaporated.
- Herbs only hold their potency for about 6 months.
What You Need