Almond milk is a tasy ingredient used in recipes and also as a beverage. Learn how to make almond milk at home with this easy recipe.
Time Required: 15 minutes
- Place 1 cup freshly roasted almonds in a glass jar.
- Cover with 4 cups water.
- Tightly close the jar.
- Refrigerate for 1 day or no more than 2 days.
- Pour into blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain liquid from pulp through cheesecloth, applying pressure to squeeze out all liquid.
- Retain the almond paste pulp for other uses.
- Use almond milk in recipes or as a delicious drink by itself or with a little honey and vanilla.
- The almond paste pulp can be used to top cereal, vegetables, or rice.
- 1 pound shelled almonds = 3 cups halves or 4 cups slivered.
What You Need
- glass jar