This method is a common one for making filled coffee cakes or Danish pastry rings. Here it is adapted to make an easy King Cake for Mardi Gras with its traditional purple (denoting justice), green (faith), and yellow (power) wide stripes of color. It begins with refrigerated crescent roll dough to save you time. You will want to keep this simple method on file for a fast and easy filled coffee cake at any time of the year. Photos show you each step of the way to a successful easy King Cake.
• Easy Mardi Gras King Cake with Step-by-Step Photos
• Easy Mardi Gras King Cake Recipe (standard recipe form)
• More Cajun / Creole Recipes
• Follow me on Twitter
• Become a Home Cooking Facebook fan
• Home Cooking on Pinterest
Easy Mardi Gras King Cake Recipe Photo © 2009 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.