In the US, the terms sweet potato and yam are often used interchangably, but they are different vegetables. Whichever term you prefer, this vegetable is a particular favorite at Thanksgiving and many sweet potato recipes may be prepared in advance. More traditional recipes include Maple Candied Sweet Potatoes and Molasses Mashed Sweet Potatoes. For something a little different, try Raspberry Sweet Potatoes or Peach Yam Casserole.
• Sweet potatoes / Yams Cooking Tips and Recipes
• Thanksgiving Recipes, Favorite Foods, and Cooking Tips
• Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes
• Follow me on Twitter
• Become a Home Cooking Facebook fan
• Home Cooking on Pinterest
Sweet Potatoes / Yams Photo © 2006 Peggy Trowbridge Filippone, licensed to About.com, Inc.